You will use cablabel S3 with a cab printer connected to the network?
To connect the printer, you need first to:
- Connect the cab printer to the network with a not provided Ethernet cable or if appropriate by Wi-Fi.
- After that restart the printer.
- And search in the « Short status » menu, the information about the IPv4 address corresponding to your used connection type.
Attention: for the assignment or reservation of an IP address, please contact your system administrator.
To configure cablabel S3 you need to:
- First, install or update your cablabel S3 version.
- After that add a new device corresponding to your model.
- Then select the « TCP » port type and fill in the IP address previously collected on the printer.
Notice: the installation of the Windows driver is only necessary for the MACH1 and MACH2 printers, or if you want to use a cab printer from the network with any other software.
For more information or for an installation of the Windows driver, download the detailed guide:
Allows you to insert different variable information of the driver or the computer into your label.
In order to use this function, you need:
1) To insert or to edit a text object.
2) Then to select the desired variables in the Datasource tab.
More information is also available in the operator’s manual of software.
Download example file for cablabel S3 Pro:
You want to store a label with a serial number on the memory card of your cab printer? And for example in case of a date change, automatically reset the serial number?
Therefore, offers cablabel S3 Pro since version 184.108.40.206 the new type of formulas “Standalone files”.
With these, it is possible to read .log and .tmp files that are already stored on the memory card, to update them with the corresponding day, month or year, and then to save them again on the card. The programming manual of your cab printer provides more information on these commands.
Download the programming manual at:
See the following label samples with serial number resets:
You want to print a label on a double sided printer?
In this case, the label width needs to be defined as the double of the real width. First half of the label matches with the back (verso) of the label and the second half with the front (recto).
Notice: this « XD4T.stc » label is available in the samples folder provided with your version 220.127.116.11 of cablabel S3 Lite and Pro.
Download example file:
The display of several prompt fields, is simply ordered according to their positions in the layers.
This same order will then also be used in the prompt list of cablabel S3 Print, as well as on the printer in standalone mode.
Attention: depending to their embedding, in for example a formula or a query, the order will be defined automatically.
A compound prompt associates together several existing prompt fields of “form” type, which will then be displayed in a single input area.
In order to use this new possibility, you need:
1) To insert a compound prompt through the wizard
2) Then to associate it the different prompt fields created previously
Notice: to access this feature, you need cablabel S3 Pro version 18.104.22.168 or above. More information is also available in the Operator’s manual of software.
You want to insert symbols according to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals?
In this case, you can use the pictograms in PNG format, installed with cablabel S3 into the picture gallery at following location
- The « Complete » folder holds the pictograms already assembled.
- The « Partial » folder holds each object separately, allowing you for example to build your own pictogram.
Notice: with the cablabel S3 Pro version, these pictograms are also provided in SVG vector format.
This “Acetone.stc” label is available in the samples folder provided with your version of cablabel S3 Lite and Pro.
This cablabel S3 version provides many improvements, especially with the possibility to insert special characters in a visual form. To access this new feature, just do a right click in an editable field of a text, a formula or a barcode.
From this new character map, you can easily insert accented letters and symbols which are not available on your keyboard, or other non-printable characters like for example a carriage return, a group separator, as well as those used in barcodes.
Attention: Beginning with this version, Windows XP is no longer supported.
To update cablabel S3, download the Setup from our website, then start the install over your actual version: cab software
Download example file:
The maximum capacity of a DataMatrix is defined according to the standard by:
- the symbol size: number of rows and columns of dots
- the data type: numeric or alphanumeric
A square symbol size of 16×16, can maximally hold either 24 numeric characters or 16 alphanumeric characters.
The real dimensions of DataMatrix are calculated according to:
- the size of a single dot, relative to number of rows and columns.
For example, taking a dot size of 0.5 mm with a rectangle symbol of 16×36, its resulting dimension on printing is about 8×18 mm.
This allows reducing the real dimensions of a barcode, without altering the maximum capacity!
Attention: the dot size and narrow element settings, available in the properties of 2D or linear barcodes, are depending on the resolution of the target printer.
In order not to be surprised by an automatic scaling of the dimensions on printing, it is recommend to define the layer to the resolution of used printer, before the creation of any kind of barcode.
Download example files for cablabel S3 Lite:
You will use cablabel S3 with a cab printer connected to USB? For this, you need first to :
- Install or update your cablabel S3 version.
- Connect the printer to computer with provided USB cable.
- Switch on power of printer and wait the end of its Plug & Play installation.
Then, it is also necessary to configure the Windows driver :
- Edit printer properties, in the list of « Devices and Printers » from Windows.
- Uncheck the « Bidirectional support » of USB port from printer.
Notice : It is not necessary to uncheck the bidirectional of port in cablabel S3.
For more information or for an installation without cablabel S3, download the detailed guide :